** LIGHT ODYSSEY COMPETITION NOW CLOSED **
The winner is ‘An Evening in Blackpool’ by Craig Philip Szaltoszlavek. Very well done!
Runners up –
- Driving the Lights, Oliver Wright
- All the colours of the sunset, Sophie Wells
Light Odyssey is a once in a lifetime chance to be immersed in sight and sound, at a live event in Blackpool on 18.10.18.
The BBC Philharmonic Orchestra play live on stage in the Empress Ballroom. Each note is picked out and shown in a masterpiece of light on every wall, floor, person, chair and piece of furniture. Feel the music course through your body, see the notes come to life!
We’d love everyone to be able to see, hear and feel it but there’s a limit to how many people will fit inside the Empress Ballroom (so get your tickets quickly!)
Light Odyssey Competition
Alongside the event, Visit Fylde Coast teamed up with Lightpool Festival to give you a chance to get creative and make your own Odyssey of Light!
THE PRIZE – an amazing VIP Lightpool Festival Experience!
ONE lucky winner will receive this bundle of tickets for amazing Lightpool events –
- TWO VIP Experience tickets to Light Odyssey on Thursday 18 October – more here
- Pair of tickets to ride an Illuminated Tram at the Carnival of Lights parade, Thursday 25 October
- AND two tickets to Rush, the outdoor dance spectacular centred around the old Bonny Street Police HQ. Friday 26 October
Plus TWO runner-up entrants each get 2 tickets to Light Odyssey.
Everyone gets recognised in this competition –
- JUDGES FAVOURITES will be projected on the front of the Tower from 15-18 October – more here
- ALL suitable entries included in the competition gallery
Inspiration is all around you…
Rays of light through a window, the sun, a lightbulb, fairy lights, car headlights, disco lights, street lights, motorway tail lights or a rainbow on a wall. Or if you’re lucky enough to live at (or near to) the Fylde Coast, all of the Illuminations themselves.
- Every day light is all around us, but do you really SEE it?
- We’re looking for twinkles and sparkles, bright lights and candles.
- Really LOOK at what’s around you and get creative with your camera.
Here’s a little gallery with a selection of photos from the Visit Fylde Coast archive, to give you some ideas and inspiration (click/swipe left/right) –
You don’t need any special equipment or fancy cameras – what matters is what you see through the lens. Take your photo with a phone, bridge camera or SLR – see a good shot and catch it with whatever equipment you’ve got.
We asked you to submit:
- A photo straight out of your camera
- Or an image which has been digitally manipulated
- An abstract photo of light
- Or a photo identifying a place (Images submitted should be of the Fylde Coast, or identifiable places in the Fylde coast, or taken on the Fylde coast.)
- Your photo must be your own work and you must have copyright to the image which you submit
Terms and conditions
*In submitting your image you grant Visit Fylde Coast, Lightpool and VisitBlackpool the right to use it in print and digital publications, and on associated websites, (including related, branded social media pages).
Any re-use of the image in the formats set out above shall be in the same context for which it was originally supplied. By submitting an entry it will be taken as read that you have the right to do so and haven’t infringed any intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party.
And finally – get your tickets for Light Odyssey
BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE to Light Odyssey. A limited number of tickets are available, don’t miss out!
Find out More
Love Blackpool and the Illuminations? Sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
You’ll find lots of photos on our Live Blackpool Facebook page why don’t you share yours!
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast